Responsible data controller in the context of this website is:
Villeroy & Boch AG
If you have any questions regarding the collection, processing or use of your personal information, including, without limitation, the disclosure, rectification, blocking or erasure of your personal information or the revocation of granted consents provided by you, please contact us per email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
In accordance with Australian Privacy Principle 1 we provide the following information:
(a) What kind of personal information do we collect and hold?
We may collect the following types of personal information from you:
• residential or business address;
• email address;
• post code;
• age and date of birth;
• telephone number;
• proof of identity, such as your drivers licence or passport number;
• if you are a candidate for employment, we may collect other information as further set out in our application forms or during the recruitment process. This may include information relating to your employment history, working eligibility rights, suitability for the role you are applying for, and your referee details.
We may also collect information from you that is not personal information because it does not identify you personally. This information is normally retained with your personal information and may include:
• your shopping preferences and a list of products and services you have purchased from Villeroy & Boch. This may include your shopping history, products, colours, occasion date, or other attributes of products and services we have provided to you or may provide to you in the future;
• information we require to deliver products;
• your marketing preferences, including the type of marketing materials you wish to receive and the method of delivery (email, direct mail, or other);
• information you provide to us via our customer service centre, website, application forms, or directly to team members within our stores in relation to our products and services.
(b) How do we collect and hold personal information?
Normally we collect information from you directly, unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so. Collection of your personal information can occur through the following interactions:
• when you access and use our website;
• during conversations with our team members;
• when you complete purchase orders, registrations, requests or applications for our products or services (by phone, in person or electronically);
• when you communicate with us directly (by email, telephone, direct mail or any other means);
• when you interact with us during promotions, competitions or special events; or
• if you are a candidate for employment, when you complete forms in relation to the recruitment and selection process, for the purpose of assessment.
We may hold your personal information in either electronic or hard copy form.
If you provide information to us electronically we retain this information in our computer systems and databases. This includes computer software programs, internet servers, and hosted internet solutions provided by third parties.
If you provide information to us in hard copy (paper) and this information is copied to our electronic files, then we may not retain the hard copy of that information in our files and if we do dispose of same, we will dispose of it in a secure manner so that no one else is able to view your information.
(c) For what purposes do we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information?
• to provide you with products and services that you have requested from us;
• to communicate with you, including about products and services, competition results, special offers, and events which might interest you;
• to answer your questions and provide you with information or advice;
• to create orders, transaction records, agreements for the sale of products or services, accounts, tax invoices or receipts; • to provide your personal information to third parties that assist us in providing products and services you have requested, such as delivery service providers and fulfilment managers;
• to carry out administration, marketing, planning, fraud and loss prevention activities, procurement, product and service development, quality control and research to improve the way Villeroy & Boch provide products and services to you; • to consider and respond to complaints made by you;
• to comply with laws or regulations or to comply with any directions given by regulators or authorities; or • if you are a candidate for employment, to assess your suitability for a position at Villeroy & Boch
Your personal information may be disclosed in connection with any Purpose to any of the following:
• our employees, contractors or service providers, to the extent reasonably necessary to fulfil our obligations to you. This may include internet service providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, and data entry service providers;
• our business advisors, including lawyers, accountants or other professional service providers, to the extent reasonably required;
• suppliers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships, for business, marketing and related purposes;
• if you are a candidate for an employment position involving a third party with whom we have an agreement, to that third party to assess your application; and
• if required by law, to any person authorised by such law. This may include the police service, ambulance service, or government departments or regulators within Australia in connection with law enforcement activities.
(d) How can you access your personal information that is held by us and how can you seek the correction of such information?
You may access your personal information held by Villeroy & Boch by making a request to us.
Phone: 1800 252 770 or 02 8962 8100
Mail: Villeroy & Boch Australia Pty Ltd
PO Box 6338
Frenchs Forest BH NSW 2086
You may also access your own information where it is held via on online portal by accessing your own account over the internet.
If you would like to update or amend or delete your personal information, please contact us and we will make the requested amendments. We may ask you to verify your identity to ensure that personal information we hold is not improperly accessed.
(e) How are you able to complain about any breach of the Australian Privacy Principles by us and how will we deal with any such complaint?
If you feel your privacy has been breached, please contact us using the contact information above setting out the circumstances and reasons for your complaint.
Our team members will acknowledge receipt of your complaint within 24 hours, and will normally respond to your request within 5 business days. If your complaint is complicated or requires further investigation our response may take additional time to finalise.
We will respond to you by your preferred contact method if you have indicated one.
(f) Are we likely to disclose personal information to overseas recipients and if so, in which countries will those recipients be located?
We may disclose your personal information:
• for the purpose for which that personal information was collected; and
• for the purposes set out under heading 3c above.
Personal information may be disclosed (and may be transferred overseas) for those purposes to:
Companies and organisations within the Villeroy & Boch Group (including entities located in Germany and other overseas locations within the Villeroy & Boch Group, as can be identified from our website);
• Villeroy & Boch's contracted service providers, which may include providers of hosting and maintenance services, analysis services, e-mail messaging services, delivery services, handling of payment transactions, and address checks.
In the case of our contracted service providers, we may disclose personal information to the contracted service provider and the contracted service provider may in turn provide us with personal information collected from you in the course of providing the relevant products or services.
There may be occasions on which we disclose non-personal data to our partners in an anonymised form. Such non-personal data includes, for example, information about the number of visitors to a website or a (mobile) application during a certain period of time. Such information is generally only disclosed in a ‘bundled’ form.
You can visit our website without providing any personal information. We only collect technical data with no personal reference such as the name of your internet service provider, the website from which you are visiting us, the browser type, version and language including some other technical information or the name of the requested file. These data are technically required for offering our service and do not allow any conclusions to your person; we also record and process this information to improve our service.
A free customer account offers you the possibility to benefit from all advantages of our website and is required for purchases. To create such customer account you only have to enter your first and last name, (although if you do not wish to supply your name, you do have the right to use a pseudonym), your e-mail address as well as a password of your choice. The access to your thereupon created customer account is only possible after entering your personal password; therefore, you should always treat your access information confidentially and close the browser window once you have ended your communication with us, particularly if you share the use of the computer with other persons.
When subscribing to the newsletter per double opt-in procedure your email address will be used with your consent for our own advertising purposes until you unsubscribe from the newsletter. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Our website also offers the possibility of convenient purchases. The conclusion of contract requires the entry of your invoice address and possibly your delivery address if different as well as a telephone number. Furthermore, you have to choose between several payment options and possibly enter further information such as your credit card details. Without your explicit consent we solely use the information you provided to execute and process your order. If we advance the merchandise we might seek credit information based on mathematical and statistical methods for the protection of our legitimate interests. Your interests are taken into account in accordance with the law. Your personal information is transferred through the internet in an encrypted form during the ordering process. We secure our website and other systems through technical and organizational measures against loss, destruction, access, modification or distribution of your information by unauthorized persons. After the complete execution of the contract and the complete payment of the purchase price and unless you explicitly consented to the further use of your information, your information is blocked for further use and deleted once fiscal and commercial obligations have been fulfilled. We will store contract texts after conclusion and you can review such contracts through the link in the confirmation email.
Based on the information in your customer account you can apply for our Privilege Card. As cardholder you will, among others, receive bonus points corresponding to the purchase sum on the receipt for purchases in the e-shop that qualify for bonus. For this purpose our system keeps a free account for bonus points. You can inform yourself about its score at any time on our website. We process this information to provide you with a shopping voucher once a year. The conditions of participation provide for details.
We will only seek personal information from you if the information is reasonably necessary for us to properly service any order or request that you make of us. Further, we will not seek or collect sensitive information about you unless you consent to the provision of that information to us and unless that information is reasonably necessary for one or more of our functions or activities in dealing with you and/or your orders or requests.
Further, if we no longer require the personal information related to you which we hold for any purpose for which you provided that information to us, or for which you reasonably considered that information would be used, then unless we are required by law or a court order to retain that information, we will take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to destroy that personal information or to ensure that personal information is de-identified, for your further protection.
We will only disclose personal information entered by you for the purpose of the execution of the order, for instance to group companies, logistics companies or payment providers (the primary purpose) and not for any other purpose (the secondary purpose) unless you would reasonably expect us to use or disclose the information for the secondary purpose which is directly related to the primary purpose in the case of sensitive information and which is generally related to the primary purpose in the case of non-sensitive information or if we are legally bound to do so.
If however we receive personal information about you that we have not sought from you and that information is not information that we would otherwise be legally entitled to request from you, then we will as soon as practicable, (but only if it is lawful and reasonable to do so), destroy that information or otherwise ensure that that information is de-identified.
(a) in the case of non-sensitive information about you:
(i) that information about you has been collected from you; and
(ii) you would reasonably expect us to use or disclose the information for the purpose of direct marketing to you; and
(iii) we provide a simple means by which you may easily request not to receive direct marketing communication from us; and
(iv) you have not made such a request as referred to in (iii) above, to us; or
(v) we collected the information from:
At all times, we may use or disclose sensitive information about you for the purpose of direct marketing to you if you have consented to the use or disclosure of that information for that purpose.
At all times, you may request not to receive direct marketing communications from us at any time and you may also request us to ensure that any other organisation to which we have provided that information about you, does not use or disclose that information for the purpose of direct marketing to you and at all times you may request us to provide to you the source of the information that we have received relating to you.
At no time will we charge you for our cost in meeting any request made by you pursuant to this clause 8.
Finally, if your personal information is received by us from someone other than you or if we become aware that you may not be aware that we have collected that personal information about you, we will expressly confirm to you the fact that the personal information about you has been collected as well as the circumstances and manner of the collection of that information.
This website uses so-called "social plugins" offered the social networks Facebook, operated by Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA, Twitter.com, operated by Twitter Inc., 795 Folsom St., Suite 600, San Francisco CA 94107, USA and Google+, operated by Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway Mountain View, CA 94043, USA. These plugins are identifiable by the respective logos or text. Your visit to our website does not result in your browser automatically contacting servers of these services: The plugins are not active until clicking them. After clicking on them, you can use the plugins as intended, e. g. make your actual recommendation with a second click. If you have activated social plugins, various data will be transmitted to the social network. This may include data mentioned above in Sec. 3. The providers of these services may trace your visit to our website if you are logged-in into these social networks while visiting our website. If you use the plugin's functions (e.g. clicking the "Like" button, submitting a comment), such information will also be transferred by your browser to the respective social networks and possibly be stored there. Please consult the privacy policies of these services for further information about how they collect, use and store your personal information.
In the event that you wish to avoid disclosure of any personal information, which could be shared through the tracing service of Google Inc. you are advised to make use of the deactivation-add-on as supplied by Google under “http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en". Additionally, you are also entitled to withdraw any pseudonym user profiles at any time for future effect, should these have been created.
Also, you can exercise your general right to object to the use of your information for advertising purposes at any time with effect for the future. In view of the discussion on the use of analytical tools with complete IP addresses, we would like to point out that this website uses Google Analytics with the extension "_anonymizeIp()" so that IP addresses are only processed further in abbreviated form to prevent them being linked directly.
You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads using the Ads Settings: https://www.google.com/settings/ads
Anonymous information is collected and saved by use of solutions and technologies by econda GmbH in order to optimize our website. Such information is used to create usage profiles with the use of pseudonyms. Cookies may be used to ensure that your internet browser is recognized again at a later visit. Usage profiles are not associated with the visitor or with the information of the person using a pseudonym, unless with specific permission. In particular, IP addresses will be rendered directly after use, making it impossible to create usage profiles for IP addresses. You can object to the collection and saving of this information in the future at any time by clicking on the following link: www.econda.com/econda/company/data-protection/revocation-of-data-storage.
We will, on request from you, provide to you access to personal information which we hold relating to you, unless one or more exceptions arise in relation to that obligation to provide access to you, as set out in Australian Privacy Principle 12 and/or unless despite the existence of those exceptions and our reliance upon them, we are not able to agree with you on any other form of access which does not breach our obligations under Australian Privacy Principle 12.
If your personal information is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was sought by us and provided by you, it will be deleted unless we are unable to do so for legal reasons.
If at any time we are satisfied that having regard to the purpose for which personal information provided by you is held by us, that personal information is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading or if you request us to correct that personal information, then we will take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to correct that personal information to ensure that having regard to the purpose for which it is held by us, the personal information is accurate, up to date, complete, relevant and not misleading.
In all other respects relating to notification of any such correction, refusal to correct any such information or otherwise dealing with your request to correct personal information provided by you, we will comply with Australian Privacy Principle 13.