DEEP DISH BANANA & WALNUT CHOC CHUNK COOKIE
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C (Fan bake). Grease a 23cm round casserole dish with olive oil spray.
2. In the bowl of an electric mixer, place the softened coconut oil, brown sugar, castor sugar, almond butter, mashed banana and vanilla and beat on medium speed until the sugar has dissolved.
3. Add in the oats, sifted flour, salt and bicarb soda. On low speed add in the walnuts and choc chunks and mix until all the ingredients are combined.
4. Spread the mixture into the oiled casserole dish and press out evenly.
5. Place into the preheated oven and bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown.
6. Remove from the oven and let the deep dish cookie cool.
7. Cut the cookie into wedges and serve with a scoop of ice cream and a few of the Rum Candied Walnuts.
Rum Candied Walnuts
1. In a large fry pan add the coconut oil, sugar, rum and salt and place over medium heat.
2. Let the oil melt and the sugar dissolve before adding the walnuts. Constantly stir the nuts while in the pan as the caramel starts to stick to the nuts and turns golden.
3. Remove pan and pour the candied walnuts onto a piece of baking paper. Quickly separate the nuts on the paper, so it is not all bunched together. Do this quickly before the caramel dries and goes hard. Let the nuts cool completely before serving
4. These nuts can be made in advance and kept in an airtight container.
Melissa Darr, aka The Whimsical Wife, is a Queensland blogger, avid baker and cook, and stay at home mum. Melissa always has the itch to create and loves to sniff out a bargain while learning to juggle life with three kids in tow. She is passionate about DIY projects, coming up with new craft and decorating ideas, and developing fast and family friendly food. Peanut butter and chocolate are her vices.